Capital One (COF) gains as Buffett's Berkshire shows new stake
- Futures slip as mixed data clouds Fed policy outlook
- 12 Wall Street analysts discuss Apple Vision Pro as 'hefty' price pushes shares lower
- Bitcoin slides to near 3-month lows after SEC sues Binance
- SEC sues Binance, Apple unveils Vision Pro headset - what's moving markets
- Apple (AAPL) should buy Disney (DIS) to drive adoption of Vision Pro - analyst
Get Alerts COF Hot Sheet
Overall Analyst Rating:
NEUTRAL ( Down)
Dividend Yield: 2.8%
Revenue Growth %: +12.2%
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) gained 5.7% after-hours Monday after Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway disclosed the credit card firm as its newest stock holding.
Berkshire disclosed in a 13F with the SEC after the close of trading that it owned 9,922,000 shares of COF as of March 31, 2023.
The value of the position was worth about $900 million based on Monday's closing price of $89.12.
In addition to the new stake in COF, Berkshire added to its Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), Bank of America Corp (NYSE: BAC), and Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) stakes, among others.
Apple is by far Berkshire's largest public holding, worth over $157 billion as of Monday's closing price.
The firm also lowered its stake in Chevron Corp. (NYSE: CVX) by about 19% to 132 million shares. Its GM (NYSE: GM) position was also trimmed, among others.
The firm liquidated stakes in Bank of New York (NYSE: BK), RH (NYSE: RH), Taiwan Semi (NYSE: TSM), and U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: UBS).
By StreetInsider.com Staff
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coinbase (COIN) Sued By SEC For Breaking US Securities Rules - Bloomberg
- Atour Lifestyle Holdings Ltd (ATAT) Announces Proposed 4.8M Share Offerings by Selling Stockholders
- LCNB Corp (LCNB) to Join the Russell 3000 Index
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Fs, Hedge Funds, Hot List, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWarren Buffett, UBS, Citi, BofA/Merrill Lynch
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!