KaloBios Pharma (KBIO) In Discussions with Shkreli Group About Continuing Operations
- Wall Street ends higher, notches weekly gains as Fed meeting looms
- Intel pares losses but sheds $9 billion in value on dire outlook, dividend concerns
- Analysts rush to cut Intel (INTC) price targets following weaker than expected Q1 guidance
- Lucid Group (LCID) doubles on Saudi rumors
KaloBios Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: KBIO) announced that it has been informed that an investor group comprised of Martin Shkreli and associates together have acquired more than 50% of the outstanding shares of KaloBios, and that the company is in discussions with Mr. Shkreli regarding possible direction for the company to continue in operation. Mr. Shkreli is the founder and chief executive officer of Turing Pharmaceuticals, a privately held biopharmaceutical company.
"We have received communications from Mr. Shkreli informing us of his group's ownership position, and a proposal to continue the company's operations," said Ronald Martell, Executive Chairman of KaloBios. "Our board of directors is prepared to entertain any constructive proposal, which we will act upon promptly. Addressing short-term cash needs is our first priority, and we continue to be open to further dialogue," he concluded.
KaloBios had previously announced that it would undertake a wind-down of the business.
Shares of KBIO are up 757% to $17.76 in pre-open tade.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lucid Group (LCID) halted again on volatility after 49% mid-day surge on rumors
- Lucid Group (LCID) halted again on volatility after 69% mid-day surge on rumors
- Goodyear Tire (GT) to cut 500 positions globally
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories13Ds, Corporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Insider Trades, Insider Trades, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!