Brexit vote to have 'limited' economic impact on Germany: Bundesbank
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
German, British and European Union flags fly in front of the Reichstag building in Berlin, Germany July 20, 2016. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Britain's vote to leave the European Union should have limited immediate economic impact on Germany, the country's central bank said on Monday, noting the mood among enterpreneurs remained positive.
The Bundesbank expects the German economy to have continued to expand over the summer, underpinned by exports, industrial production, construction and consumer spending.
"Against the background of an intense public debate about the economic effects of the announced exit of the United Kingdom from the EU, German companies' positive expectations have so far only been modestly dampened," the Bundesbank said in its monthly report.
"This supports the view that the economic consequences of the Brexit vote for Germany will be limited, at least in the short term."
Germany's gross domestic product grew by 0.4 percent in the three months to June, data showed last week.
While this was less than in the first quarter of the year, it still put Germany well ahead of its peers and of analyst expectations.
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa Editing by Jeremy Gaunt)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U of M Sentiment (Oct F) 87.2 vs 88.2 Expected
- GDP (3Q A) QoQ 2.9% vs 2.6% Expected
- Markets Move to Session Highs Following Initial Weakness (SPY) (QQQ)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Forex, Insiders' Blog, Reuters
Related EntitiesIndustrial Production
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!