Tessera Technologies (TSRA) Files Patent Infringement Suit Against Broadcom's Avago
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tessera Technologies (NASDAQ: TSRA) disclosed the following on Monday:
Item 8.01. Other Events.
On November 7, 2016, Tessera, Inc. (“Tessera”) and Invensas Corporation (“Invensas”), wholly-owned subsidiaries of Tessera Technologies, Inc. (the “Company”), filed a civil action against Avago Technologies Limited, Avago Technologies U.S. Inc., and Avago Technologies Wireless (U.S.A.) Manufacturing Inc. (collectively, “Avago”), subsidiaries of Broadcom Ltd., in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. The complaint alleges that a number of Avago products, including Avago FBAR filter devices, infringe Tessera’s U.S. Patent No. 6,573,609 and Invensas’s U.S. Patent No. 6,972,480.
On November 7, 2016, Invensas filed a civil action against Avago Technologies Limited Avago Technologies U.S. Inc., Emulex Corporation, LSI Corporation, and PLX Technology, Inc., subsidiaries of Broadcom Ltd., in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. The complaint alleges infringement of Invensas’s U.S. Patent Nos. 6,849,946 and 6,133,136.
The Company is not making any adjustments to its fourth quarter revenue or earnings per share guidance as a result of these proceedings.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!