Savient Pharma (SVNT) Gets Favorable Decision Related to Tang Capital Litigation
- Market Wrap: Markets Slump Amid Weak Econ. Data; GoDaddy Goes Public; U.S. Auto Sales Mixed in March
- McDonald's (MCD) Announces Enhanced Employee Benefits; Includes Wage Increase, Paid Vacation
- After-Hours Stock Movers 04/01: (RPRX) (TCPI) (XON) Higher; (SIGM) (CNAT) (MU) Lower (more...)
- Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q2 EPS by 8c
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Model 'W'
Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: SVNT) today announced that the Delaware Court of Chancery has issued a bench ruling granting both of Savient's motions in the lawsuit brought against the Company by Tang Capital Partners, LP and certain other holders of Savient's convertible notes. The Court of Chancery decided that the plaintiff noteholders do not have standing to bring an action to appoint a receiver for Savient and that an event of default has not occurred under Savient's convertible notes. The Court has not yet come to a conclusion on the plaintiff's claims for breach of fiduciary duty and waste. Savient continues to believe that all outstanding claims alleged by the plaintiffs are without merit, and intends to vigorously defend this lawsuit to its completion. The Court of Chancery's decision is subject to appeal by the plaintiffs. In addition, Savient's claim for damages against Tang Capital remains outstanding.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CFTC Charges Kraft Foods, Mondelēz Global with Manipulation of Wheat Futures and Cash Wheat Prices
- UPDATE: GM (GM) U.S. Auto Sales Fell 2.4% in March; Est. up 0.1%
- Vringo (VRNG) Lawyer Requests Meeting with Judge Over ZTE Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation
Related EntitiesTang Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!