Marathon Patent Group (MARA) Reports Ruling in Signal IP Case Against Toyota
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Marathon Patent Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MARA) ("Marathon" or "Company"), an IP licensing and commercialization company, today announced that on August 24, 2016, Judge John A. Kronstadt, district judge for the United States District Court for the Central District of California, issued a ruling in Signal IP, Inc. v. Toyota North America, et al, 2-15-cv-05162.
"The Court has reviewed the Joint Report Regarding the Stay Pending Inter Partes Review (Dkt. 78). Based on that review, this action is severed as follows: ... [t]he proceedings concerning the '007 and '375 patents are stayed pending the outcome of the IPR proceedings. The stay of proceedings concerning the '927 patent is lifted, and the following schedule is adopted ... [j]ury Trial set for 12/12/2017 ... Markman Hearing set on 1/26/2017."
"We are pleased with Judge Kronstadt's ruling to sever the CACD case and to lift the stay in the proceedings concerning the '927 patent, allowing the case to proceed," said Doug Croxall, CEO of Marathon Patent Group.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) Announces Confirmation of CEOC's Plan of Reorganization
- Caesars Approved to End Bankruptcy, Still May Need Months Before Final Exit - Bloomberg
- Forward Pharma (FWP) Confirms Settlement and License Agreement with Biogen (BIIB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!