Marathon Patent Group (MARA) Reports Ruling in Signal IP Case Against Toyota
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Marathon Patent Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MARA) ("Marathon" or "Company"), an IP licensing and commercialization company, today announced that on August 24, 2016, Judge John A. Kronstadt, district judge for the United States District Court for the Central District of California, issued a ruling in Signal IP, Inc. v. Toyota North America, et al, 2-15-cv-05162.
"The Court has reviewed the Joint Report Regarding the Stay Pending Inter Partes Review (Dkt. 78). Based on that review, this action is severed as follows: ... [t]he proceedings concerning the '007 and '375 patents are stayed pending the outcome of the IPR proceedings. The stay of proceedings concerning the '927 patent is lifted, and the following schedule is adopted ... [j]ury Trial set for 12/12/2017 ... Markman Hearing set on 1/26/2017."
"We are pleased with Judge Kronstadt's ruling to sever the CACD case and to lift the stay in the proceedings concerning the '927 patent, allowing the case to proceed," said Doug Croxall, CEO of Marathon Patent Group.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!