Valeant Pharma (VRX) sued in New York Federal court over alleged overcharges - Reuters
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 29, 2016 2:01 PM EDT)
Valeant Pharma (NYSE: VRX) was sued in New York Federal court over alleged overcharges, according to Reuters. The lawsuit was brought on behalf of so-called third party payors over alleged overcharges from January 2013 to October 2015.
Plaintiffs include New York hotel trade group's health benefits fund, and detectives endowment association of New York City, the report noted.
The lawsuit accuses Valeant of violating U.S. racketeer influenced and corrupt organizations act, or RICO, and seeks class action status, unspecified compensatory and triple damages.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Rambus (RMBS) volatility increases into Q3 and outlook
- Twitter (TWTR) Shares Continue Rising, Break Above $18
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesLitigation, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!