UPDATE: Mettler-Toledo Intl. (MTD) to replace Johnson Controls (JCI) in S&P 500
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 5:19 PM EDT)
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600 indices:
- S&P MidCap 400 constituent Mettler-Toledo International Inc. (NYSE: MTD) will replace Johnson Controls Inc. (NYSE: JCI) in the S&P 500, S&P SmallCap 600 constituent Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: MPWR) will replace Mettler-Toledo in the S&P MidCap 400, and WCI Communities Inc. (NYSE: WCIC) will replace Monolithic Power Systems in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading on Friday, September 2. S&P 500 constituent Tyco International plc (NYSE: TYC) is acquiring Johnson Controls in a merger of equals to form a new company called Johnson Controls International plc (NYSE: JCI) in a deal expected to be completed on or about that date, pending final conditions. ¡§New¡¨ Johnson Controls International will have Global Industry Classification of Auto Parts and Equipment in the S&P 500.
- Nautilus Inc. (NYSE: NLS) is to replace S&P SmallCap 600 constituent Outerwall Inc. (Nasdaq: OUTR) in the S&P SmallCap 600 after the close of trading on Thursday, September 1. Apollo Global Management LLC (NYSE: APO) is acquiring Outerwall in a deal expected to be completed on or about that date, pending final conditions.
Mettler-Toledo International manufactures and supplies precision instruments and services. Headquartered in Columbus, OH, the company will be added to the S&P 500 GICS (Global Industry Classification Standard) Life Sciences Tools & Services Sub-Industry index.
Monolithic Power Systems designs, develops, and markets integrated power semiconductor solutions and power delivery architectures for communications, storage and computing, consumer, and industrial market segments. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, the company will be added to the S&P MidCap 400 GICS Semiconductors Sub-Industry index.
WCI Communities operates as a lifestyle community developer and luxury homebuilder. Headquartered in Bonita Springs, FL, the Company will be added to the S&P SmallCap 600 GICS Homebuilding Sub-Industry index.
Nautilus designs, develops, sources, and markets cardio and strength fitness products, and related accessories for consumer use. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, the Company will be added to the S&P SmallCap 600 GICS Leisure Products Sub-Industry index.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Southwestern Energy (SWN) to Equalweight
- Stocks with call price movement; BIIB TDG
- Uncertainty measured by IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) is low into Trump
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIndex Changes, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!