Merkel Falls In line Behind Draghi... For Now
- Top 10 News for 9/8 - 9/12: Apple's Main Event; Boeing Inks Mega Deal; Routed RadioShack (Slightly) Recovers
- Apple (AAPL) Reports Record Pre-Orders for iPhone 6
- Darden Restaurants (DRI) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; Guides Q2 EPS to Strong Side
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/12: (NETE) (CNVR) (VNET) Higher; (AMRN) (RSH) (RCPI) Lower
- Alibaba (BABA) Plans Closing Books Early After IPO Covered (YHOO)
Today German Chancellor Angela Merkel, back from her vacation, said she is considering easing restriction tied to the Greece bailout. The statement comes despite opposition by German hardliners. Merkel also made comments in support of Draghi's plan to provide short term support to troubled EU countries, although she stressed the need for concessions, or as she put it "political action in the form of conditionality as the precondition for a positive development of the euro."
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: S&P Upgrades Greece from 'B-' to 'B'; Risks to Fiscal Consolidation Have Faded
- Moody's Lowers Outlook on Brazil to Negative (EWZ)
- Bank of England's Carney Hints at Spring 2015 Rate Increase (FXB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!