Merkel Falls In line Behind Draghi... For Now
- Market Wrap: Stocks Cry for Argentina; Tesla's 'Electrified' Q2 Report, Outlook; T-Mobile Gets New Suitor
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/31 (IMPV) (GDOT) (LNKD) Higher; (WWWW) (SREV) (GPRO) Lower (more...)
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c
- LinkedIn (LNKD) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
- Stocks Sink on Argentine Default and Rate Hike Worries
Today German Chancellor Angela Merkel, back from her vacation, said she is considering easing restriction tied to the Greece bailout. The statement comes despite opposition by German hardliners. Merkel also made comments in support of Draghi's plan to provide short term support to troubled EU countries, although she stressed the need for concessions, or as she put it "political action in the form of conditionality as the precondition for a positive development of the euro."
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory -3.7M Barrels vs -800K Expected
- UPDATE: Employment Cost Index 0.7% vs 0.5% Expected
- Natural Gas Inventory 90 bcf vs 96 bcf Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!