Merkel Falls In line Behind Draghi... For Now
- Wall Street rebounds from Brexit with second day of big gains
- Fed Releases CCAR Results; Objects to Capital Plan of Deutsche Bank (DB), Santander Holdings USA (SC)
- Citigroup (C) Announces Substantial Dividend Hike, $8.6B Stock Buyback Plan Following CCAR Results
- Tractor Supply (TSCO) Prelim. Q2 Results Miss Views; Fy16 Outlook Cut
- Bank of America (BAC) Approves $5B Buyback; Hikes Qtr. Dividend 50%
Today German Chancellor Angela Merkel, back from her vacation, said she is considering easing restriction tied to the Greece bailout. The statement comes despite opposition by German hardliners. Merkel also made comments in support of Draghi's plan to provide short term support to troubled EU countries, although she stressed the need for concessions, or as she put it "political action in the form of conditionality as the precondition for a positive development of the euro."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Japan Abe adviser: won't rule out solo yen intervention
- Cameron says markets volatile, Brexit 'far from plain sailing'
- ECB's Draghi expresses 'sadness' at Brexit vote
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!