Merkel Falls In line Behind Draghi... For Now
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Today German Chancellor Angela Merkel, back from her vacation, said she is considering easing restriction tied to the Greece bailout. The statement comes despite opposition by German hardliners. Merkel also made comments in support of Draghi's plan to provide short term support to troubled EU countries, although she stressed the need for concessions, or as she put it "political action in the form of conditionality as the precondition for a positive development of the euro."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Travelport Worldwide Limited (TVPT) to Equalweight
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
- Alexandria Real Estate (ARE) PT Lowered to $116 at Barclays
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!