Merkel Falls In line Behind Draghi... For Now
- Sysco (SYY) to Acquire US Foods in $3.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/9: (SYY) (GIVN) (UQM) Higher; (NIHD) (PLUG) (EZPW) Lower (more...)
- Covidien (COV) to Acquire Given Imaging (GIVN) for $30/Share
- China Mobile (CHL) May Start Taking Apple (AAPL) iPhone Preorders This Week
- 3D Printing Hype May Be 'Overdone' - Analyst (DDD) (SSYS) (XONE)
Today German Chancellor Angela Merkel, back from her vacation, said she is considering easing restriction tied to the Greece bailout. The statement comes despite opposition by German hardliners. Merkel also made comments in support of Draghi's plan to provide short term support to troubled EU countries, although she stressed the need for concessions, or as she put it "political action in the form of conditionality as the precondition for a positive development of the euro."
You May Also Be Interested In
- Euro Strengthens vs Dollar; German Industrial Production Shows Surprise Drop in Oct. (FXE)
- Bitcoin Could Be Worth 10-100x Current Price - Analyst
- Markets Pares Ealry Losses; Fed Reports Moderate Growth Amid Shutdown
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!