Merkel Falls In line Behind Draghi... For Now
- AbbVie (ABBV) to Acquire Pharmacyclics (PCYC) for $21 Billion
- Market Wrap: Job Additions Light in Feb.; McDonald's Plans Better Product Sourcing; Lumber Liquidators Chopped Again
- Etsy (ETSY) Files $100 Million IPO
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/04: (RNDY) (PEIX) (PCYC) Higher; (SMTC) (VNDA) (ECA) Lower (more...)
- ADP Employment Change 212K vs 219K Expected
Today German Chancellor Angela Merkel, back from her vacation, said she is considering easing restriction tied to the Greece bailout. The statement comes despite opposition by German hardliners. Merkel also made comments in support of Draghi's plan to provide short term support to troubled EU countries, although she stressed the need for concessions, or as she put it "political action in the form of conditionality as the precondition for a positive development of the euro."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Sees Growth Across All Regions; Strong Dollar Hurting Exports for Some Companies - Beige Book
- Barclays plc (BCS) 'last look' at forex trades sad to face U.S. review - Bloomberg
- MARC GRABOFF NAMED PRESIDENT, GLOBAL BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS, PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT AND STUDIOS FOR DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!