Investors on Edge as Soft Economic Data Poses Threat of Downward Breakout
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stocks fell Thursday after soft ISM data showed a surprise contraction in U.S. manufacturing. Investors were already on edge ahead of August jobs data tomorrow morning, which comes at a critical time for markets given the Fed's focus on data dependence and indexes threatening to breakout of their tight August trading range.
The S&P 500 traded near 2160 heading into mid-day, closer to the August low near 2147 than the high at 2194.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CBOE (CBOE) Announces New SPX Options Implied Volatility-Based Index: SMILE
- FHFA House Price Index (Aug MoM) 0.7% vs 0.4% Expected
- Apple (AAPL) October weekly volatility increases into Q4 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Market Check, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!