Investors on Edge as Soft Economic Data Poses Threat of Downward Breakout
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stocks fell Thursday after soft ISM data showed a surprise contraction in U.S. manufacturing. Investors were already on edge ahead of August jobs data tomorrow morning, which comes at a critical time for markets given the Fed's focus on data dependence and indexes threatening to breakout of their tight August trading range.
The S&P 500 traded near 2160 heading into mid-day, closer to the August low near 2147 than the high at 2194.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Inovio Pharma (INO) Announces FDA Clinical Hold Placed on Proposed VGX-3100 Phase 3
- Time Warner (TWX) volatility elevated into AT&T (T) deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Market Check, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!