xG Technology (XGTI) Enters Agreement to Acquire Vislink Communication Systems
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
xG Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: XGTI) announced that it has entered into a binding agreement to acquire the assets of the Vislink Communication Systems ("Vislink") division from Hungerford, United Kingdom-based Vislink, Plc. The purchase is expected to close by year-end 2016. xG had previously entered into a letter of intent ("LOI") with Vislink Plc, and is now pleased to announce its binding agreement to acquire Vislink.
Vislink Communication Systems, which has a present year sales run rate that is expected to be between $45M-$50M, specializes in the wireless capture, delivery and management of secure, high-quality, live video from the field to the point of usage, or "from scene to screen." Vislink delivers global solutions comprising hardware and related services to two core markets: broadcast & media and public safety & surveillance. In the broadcast & media market, Vislink provides broadcast communication links for the collection of live news, sport and entertainment events. In the public safety and surveillance markets, Vislink provides secure video communications and mission-critical solutions for law enforcement, defense and homeland security applications.
Roger Branton, CFO and Co-founder of xG Technology, said, "We believe that Vislink chose to sell the division to a purchaser that would operate the business as a going concern, versus financial acquirers. We further believe that the combined business will create a market leader in video technology providing scale and global reach. Considering the inherent synergies with our business unit Integrated Microwave Technologies, we believe the fair value of the ongoing business and assets far exceeds the purchase price."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!