xG Technology (XGTI) Enters Agreement to Acquire Vislink Communication Systems
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
xG Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: XGTI) announced that it has entered into a binding agreement to acquire the assets of the Vislink Communication Systems ("Vislink") division from Hungerford, United Kingdom-based Vislink, Plc. The purchase is expected to close by year-end 2016. xG had previously entered into a letter of intent ("LOI") with Vislink Plc, and is now pleased to announce its binding agreement to acquire Vislink.
Vislink Communication Systems, which has a present year sales run rate that is expected to be between $45M-$50M, specializes in the wireless capture, delivery and management of secure, high-quality, live video from the field to the point of usage, or "from scene to screen." Vislink delivers global solutions comprising hardware and related services to two core markets: broadcast & media and public safety & surveillance. In the broadcast & media market, Vislink provides broadcast communication links for the collection of live news, sport and entertainment events. In the public safety and surveillance markets, Vislink provides secure video communications and mission-critical solutions for law enforcement, defense and homeland security applications.
Roger Branton, CFO and Co-founder of xG Technology, said, "We believe that Vislink chose to sell the division to a purchaser that would operate the business as a going concern, versus financial acquirers. We further believe that the combined business will create a market leader in video technology providing scale and global reach. Considering the inherent synergies with our business unit Integrated Microwave Technologies, we believe the fair value of the ongoing business and assets far exceeds the purchase price."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Bioptix (BIOP) to Terminate Some Employees Associated with Acquisition of its Subsidiary
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!