US Foods (USFD) to Acquire Save On Seafood; No Terms
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
US Foods (NYSE: USFD) today announced that it has agreed to acquire Save On Seafood, a seafood processor and distributor in St. Petersburg, Fla. with annual sales of more than $80 million.
Save On Seafood provides fresh and frozen seafood to restaurants and grocery stores throughout the Southeast United States. This acquisition will help strengthen US Foods’ ability to provide seafood to its customers throughout the Southeast Region.
“Seafood sales continue to rise throughout the Southeast, and with Save On Seafood we are able to expand our fresh and frozen seafood offerings to our customers in these markets,” said David Norton, president, Stock Yards, US Foods. “With over 30 years in business, the great team at Save On has built a reputation for exceptional customer service, consistency, standards of operations and safety and we are excited to work together to continue delivering the fresh, high quality seafood our customers want.”
US Foods will operate out of the Save On Seafood facility and expects to welcome all approximately 170 Save On employees to US Foods, including owner Gib Migliano as President of Save On Seafood, a US Foods subsidiary. Save On Seafood will be part of US Foods’ Stock Yards organization.
The transaction is expected to close on October 28. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!