TeamHealth Holdings (TMH) Announces Acquisition of EmMed, PC
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
TeamHealth Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: TMH), a leading physician services organization, announced the acquisition of the provider operations of EmMed, PC. Based in Bay City, Michigan, EmMed, PC provides care to approximately 44,000 patients each year through staffing and management of the emergency department at McLaren Bay Regional Hospital.
"In the changing and dynamic healthcare landscape, TeamHealth will provide the resources and support that we need to continue delivering excellent care to patients and their families at McLaren Bay Regional Hospital," said Kenneth Parsons, MD, president of EmMed, PC. "We are excited to partner with TeamHealth—an organization that offers a like-minded, physician-centric culture."
"TeamHealth's strategy is to grow our business through partnerships with quality physician groups, and we are pleased to welcome the physicians and other clinicians of EmMed, PC to TeamHealth," said Lynn Massingale, MD, co-founder and executive chairman of TeamHealth. "EmMed, PC's clinicians are committed to providing exceptional service to our hospital partner and delivering the highest quality care for patients and their families."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Teledyne Technologies (TDY) Acquires Hanson Research; No Terms
- Corning (GLW) Announces Equity Investment in Menlo Micro
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!