TeamHealth Holdings (TMH) Announces Acquisition of EmMed, PC
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TeamHealth Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: TMH), a leading physician services organization, announced the acquisition of the provider operations of EmMed, PC. Based in Bay City, Michigan, EmMed, PC provides care to approximately 44,000 patients each year through staffing and management of the emergency department at McLaren Bay Regional Hospital.
"In the changing and dynamic healthcare landscape, TeamHealth will provide the resources and support that we need to continue delivering excellent care to patients and their families at McLaren Bay Regional Hospital," said Kenneth Parsons, MD, president of EmMed, PC. "We are excited to partner with TeamHealth—an organization that offers a like-minded, physician-centric culture."
"TeamHealth's strategy is to grow our business through partnerships with quality physician groups, and we are pleased to welcome the physicians and other clinicians of EmMed, PC to TeamHealth," said Lynn Massingale, MD, co-founder and executive chairman of TeamHealth. "EmMed, PC's clinicians are committed to providing exceptional service to our hospital partner and delivering the highest quality care for patients and their families."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- Peregrine Pharma (PPHM) Announces Presentation of Strong Data on PS-Targeting Antibodies Similar to Bavituximab in anti-PD-L1 Therapy
- BioDelivery Sciences' (BDSI) BUNAVAIL Added to Texas Medicaid Formulary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!