Surgical Care (SCAI) Takes Majority Stake in Metropolitan Medical Partners
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) has acquired a majority interest in Metropolitan Medical Partners, LLC dba The Surgery Center of Chevy Chase (SCCC). SCCC specializes primarily in orthopedic surgery, but other specialties include podiatry, ENT, plastic surgery, dental surgery, urology, and pain management. Provident Healthcare Partners served as exclusive financial advisor to SCCC. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
"Throughout our longstanding relationship with Provident, they have been incredibly professional and diligent in their efforts. I worked with many members of the Provident team and would absolutely recommend the firm without reservations. We couldn't have completed our sale without them," commented Dr. Sunjay Berdia, Chairman of the Board and Shareholder for SCCC.
"SCA's expertise in partnering with musculoskeletal-focused practices and surgery centers across the country will best position SCCC to continue to be a leader in high quality orthopedic care within central Maryland," noted Kevin Palamara, Managing Director at Provident Healthcare Partners.
"SCCC has established itself as a leading orthopedic-focused, multispecialty surgery center in the state through attracting a group of highly respected physicians. The partnership with SCA will provide SCCC with the management resources and clout of a national provider of surgical care," stated Eric Major, Senior Associate at Provident Healthcare Partners.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- Biocept (BIOC) Announces Strong Data from Target Selector CTC in Actionable Biomarker Detection
- Great Plains Energy (GXP) Announces Leadership of Post-Westar Energy Merger Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!