Surgical Care (SCAI) Takes Majority Stake in Metropolitan Medical Partners
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) has acquired a majority interest in Metropolitan Medical Partners, LLC dba The Surgery Center of Chevy Chase (SCCC). SCCC specializes primarily in orthopedic surgery, but other specialties include podiatry, ENT, plastic surgery, dental surgery, urology, and pain management. Provident Healthcare Partners served as exclusive financial advisor to SCCC. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
"Throughout our longstanding relationship with Provident, they have been incredibly professional and diligent in their efforts. I worked with many members of the Provident team and would absolutely recommend the firm without reservations. We couldn't have completed our sale without them," commented Dr. Sunjay Berdia, Chairman of the Board and Shareholder for SCCC.
"SCA's expertise in partnering with musculoskeletal-focused practices and surgery centers across the country will best position SCCC to continue to be a leader in high quality orthopedic care within central Maryland," noted Kevin Palamara, Managing Director at Provident Healthcare Partners.
"SCCC has established itself as a leading orthopedic-focused, multispecialty surgery center in the state through attracting a group of highly respected physicians. The partnership with SCA will provide SCCC with the management resources and clout of a national provider of surgical care," stated Eric Major, Senior Associate at Provident Healthcare Partners.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wipro (WIT) to Acquire Appirio in $500M Deal
- Omeros (OMER) Announces Positive OMS721 Phase 2 Data in HSCT-TMA; TMA Markers Improved Over Time
- Allergan (AGN) Affirms Receipt of FDA Committee Backing for Desmopressin Nasal Spray NDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!