Surgical Care (SCAI) Takes Majority Stake in Metropolitan Medical Partners
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) has acquired a majority interest in Metropolitan Medical Partners, LLC dba The Surgery Center of Chevy Chase (SCCC). SCCC specializes primarily in orthopedic surgery, but other specialties include podiatry, ENT, plastic surgery, dental surgery, urology, and pain management. Provident Healthcare Partners served as exclusive financial advisor to SCCC. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
"Throughout our longstanding relationship with Provident, they have been incredibly professional and diligent in their efforts. I worked with many members of the Provident team and would absolutely recommend the firm without reservations. We couldn't have completed our sale without them," commented Dr. Sunjay Berdia, Chairman of the Board and Shareholder for SCCC.
"SCA's expertise in partnering with musculoskeletal-focused practices and surgery centers across the country will best position SCCC to continue to be a leader in high quality orthopedic care within central Maryland," noted Kevin Palamara, Managing Director at Provident Healthcare Partners.
"SCCC has established itself as a leading orthopedic-focused, multispecialty surgery center in the state through attracting a group of highly respected physicians. The partnership with SCA will provide SCCC with the management resources and clout of a national provider of surgical care," stated Eric Major, Senior Associate at Provident Healthcare Partners.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Walgreens' (WBA) Pessina Says Boards Must Decide to Extend Deadline on Rite Aid (RAD) Deal, Hasn't Heard from FTC About Merger Review Findings - Bloomberg
- Shenandoah Telecom Co (SHEN) Elects Kenneth Quaglio to Board of Directors
- American Express (AXP) Elects John Brennan to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!