Spire (SR) Acquires EnergySouth in $344M Deal
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Spire Inc. (NYSE: SR) completed its acquisition of EnergySouth, Inc., the parent company of Mobile Gas and Willmut Gas, from Sempra U.S. Gas & Power ("Sempra"). The purchase consideration of $344 million included the assumption of $67 million of debt. The acquisition was funded primarily with the proceeds of an equity offering in May 2016 and a $165 million private placement of unsecured senior notes that closed on September 9.
"At Spire, we believe in a world where energy enriches people's lives, and our mission is to make that idea a reality. Person by person. Neighborhood by neighborhood. Community by community. So, we're excited to start serving the customers of Mobile Gas and Willmut Gas, and getting to know the people – employees, homeowners, business owners, families and neighbors," said Suzanne Sitherwood, president and CEO of Spire.
With the addition of 85,000 natural gas customers of Mobile Gas in Alabama and 19,000 Willmut Gas customers in Mississippi, Spire will now serve more than 1.7 million customers in Missouri, Alabama and Mississippi.
The acquisition of Mobile Gas and Willmut Gas further delivers on our strategic focus to grow our gas utility business and create long-term shareholder value. This transaction also builds on our proven process and success in integrating, financing and operating our companies. The expansion of our southern footprint builds upon our operations and working relationships in Alabama. Willmut Gas expands our reach into Mississippi and provides further regulatory diversity while adding another highly rated regulatory environment. We expect the acquisition to be neutral to net economic earnings per share in 2017 and accretive in 2018, and to support our long-term annual earnings per share growth target of four percent to six percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- AIG (AIG) Enters Reinsurance Agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Unit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!