Spectranetics' (SPNC) Stellarex 0.014” DCB Receives CE Mark
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The Spectranetics Corporation (Nasdaq: SPNC) announced that its Stellarex 0.014” Drug-coated Angioplasty Balloon (DCB) has received the CE mark. The Stellarex 0.014” device is designed to treat small vessels, below-the-knee disease, and challenging critical limb ischemia (CLI) in patients. The combination of the currently available Stellarex 0.035” and the new 0.014” line available in Europe expands Spectranetics’ comprehensive portfolio of next generation DCBs to treat complex disease states across the lower extremities.
CLI afflicts over 3 million people in the United States and Europe. The critical unmet need of this complex patient population is inhibition of restenosis, which commonly occurs within three to six months of treatment and can lead to high rates of non-wound healing, re-intervention, and amputation.
"Now available on a 0.014” balloon platform, Stellarex represents a latest generation DCB backed by compelling evidence in the fem-pop arteries. It holds strong promise to deliver safety and efficacy in the notoriously challenging infrapopliteal district,” said Professor Dierk Scheinert of Universitätsklinikum in Leipzig, Germany.
President and CEO Scott Drake stated, "Spectranetics is committed to providing specialized and innovative tools and compelling clinical data to improve our patients’ quality of life. Stellarex 0.014” exemplifies these important elements and augments our existing product portfolio, which now includes clinically differentiated treatment for both above and below the knee disease. The Stellarex 0.014” DCB is a significant advancement in our effort to eradicate restenosis and amputation.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- MTS Systems (MTSC) Receive NASDAQ Non-Compliance Notice
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!