Shiloh Industries (SHLO) Gets U.S. DoE Contract to Develop Efficient Casting Methods
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Shiloh Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SHLO) has been awarded funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) HPC4Mfg program to accelerate the development of innovative energy efficient casting methods.
For the project, titled “Development of a Transformational Micro-Cooling Technology for High-Pressure Die Casting using High-Performance Computing", Shiloh will work with Oak Ridge National Laboratory to accurately model the detail boiling in casting cooling channels. The ability to model critical variables such as uniform temperature distribution, various mechanical properties and heat transfer related defects will have a major impact on energy management and efficiency.
“By incorporating high performance computing into our analytical processes we will be able to accurately model large sections of the cooling channels. The data will be used in our tool simulations to create dies that will operate with lower energy costs and shorter cycles, reducing waste and rejected parts,” said Alex Reikher, Technical Fellow, research and development at Shiloh Industries.
The High Performance Computing for Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) Program was established in March 2015 to create an ecosystem that allows experts at DOE’s national laboratories to work directly with manufacturing industry members. The program teaches manufacturers how to adopt or advance their use of high performance computing (HPC) to address manufacturing challenges with a goal of increasing energy efficiency, reducing environmental impacts, and advancing clean energy technologies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!