Quaker Chemical (KWR) Announces $11.8M Acquisition of Lubricor
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR) announced that it has acquired Lubricor Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of metalworking fluids based in Waterloo, Ontario, for approximately 16 million Canadian dollars, or $11.8 million. Lubricor annually sells approximately $10 million of branded products directly to its North American customers, primarily automotive suppliers, and into Southeast Asia through a distributor relationship in Thailand. Also, Lubricor has an annual estimated EBITDA of approximately $1.6 million.
Michael F. Barry, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, commented, "Lubricor's proprietary technology and strong customer relationships provide an opportunity to expand our metalworking business in attractive end markets and leverage Quaker's global footprint to pursue cross-selling opportunities. We believe there is a strong organizational and cultural fit between the two companies and the transaction is consistent with Quaker's strategy to increase shareholder value through acquisitions."
Lubricor Inc. was established in 1998 in Waterloo, Ontario, where the company's headquarters, R&D and production are based. The company currently employs approximately 30 individuals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Carnegie Still Interested in magicJack VocalTec (CALL) Bid
- Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) Acquires Ku-band Payload
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!