Quaker Chemical (KWR) Announces $11.8M Acquisition of Lubricor
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR) announced that it has acquired Lubricor Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of metalworking fluids based in Waterloo, Ontario, for approximately 16 million Canadian dollars, or $11.8 million. Lubricor annually sells approximately $10 million of branded products directly to its North American customers, primarily automotive suppliers, and into Southeast Asia through a distributor relationship in Thailand. Also, Lubricor has an annual estimated EBITDA of approximately $1.6 million.
Michael F. Barry, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, commented, "Lubricor's proprietary technology and strong customer relationships provide an opportunity to expand our metalworking business in attractive end markets and leverage Quaker's global footprint to pursue cross-selling opportunities. We believe there is a strong organizational and cultural fit between the two companies and the transaction is consistent with Quaker's strategy to increase shareholder value through acquisitions."
Lubricor Inc. was established in 1998 in Waterloo, Ontario, where the company's headquarters, R&D and production are based. The company currently employs approximately 30 individuals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!