Presbia (LENS) Unit Completes Acquisition of Neoptics AG
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Presbia PLC (Nasdaq: LENS) announced that on August 2, 2016, its wholly-owned subsidiary, Presbia Ireland, Ltd., completed the purchase of the assets of Neoptics AG (“Neoptics”), including its intellectual property portfolio.
“The acquisition of Neoptics’ assets, including its patent portfolio, consolidates the principal intellectual property (‘IP’) and ‘know-how’ underpinning the use of an optically powered micro-lens for the correction of presbyopia (near-vision loss), a condition affecting 1.8 billion people globally. This consolidation of IP and know-how from Presbia and Neoptics has also created a patent protected platform to deploy our ‘micro-lens’ technology into solutions for vision problems beyond presbyopia, significantly expanding our addressable market into the future,” said Todd Cooper, President and CEO of Presbia.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
- MarineMax (HZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC) to Acquire First Texas BHC for $462M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!