PotashCorp (POT), Agrium (AGU) Proposed Merger Approved by Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Shareholders
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Agrium Inc. (NYSE: AGU) and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. (PotashCorp) (NYSE: POT) advised that the Ontario Superior Court of Justice has issued a final order approving their merger of equals transaction to be implemented by way of a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act. As previously announced, shareholders of both companies overwhelmingly voted to approve the proposed merger of equals.
The companies have made good progress with respect to making all required regulatory filings and as expected, have received a supplemental information request from the Canadian Competition Bureau and a second request from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on November 2, 2016. Agrium and PotashCorp are working through the regulatory process as planned and continue to expect the transaction to close mid-2017, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
- Allergan (AGN) Ratings, Outlook Affirmed by Fitch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!