Oracle (ORCL) Enters Agreement to Acquire DNS Provider Dyn
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Dyn, the leading cloud-based Internet Performance and DNS provider that monitors, controls, and optimizes Internet applications and cloud services to deliver faster access, reduced page load times, and higher end-user satisfaction.
Dyn was in the news last month when a massive DDoS attack at Dyn brought down tons of popular websites including Spotify and Twitter.
Dyn's solution is powered by a global network that drives 40 billion traffic optimization decisions daily for more than 3,500 enterprise customers, including preeminent digital brands such as Netflix, Twitter, Pfizer and CNBC. Adding Dyn's best-in-class DNS solution extends the Oracle cloud computing platform and provides enterprise customers with a one-stop shop for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
"Oracle already offers enterprise-class IaaS and PaaS for companies building and running Internet applications and cloud services," said Thomas Kurian, President, Product Development, Oracle. "Dyn's immensely scalable and global DNS is a critical core component and a natural extension to our cloud computing platform."
"Oracle cloud customers will have unique access to Internet performance information that will help them optimize infrastructure costs, maximize application and website-driven revenue, and manage risk," said Kyle York, Chief Strategy Officer, Dyn. "We are excited to join Oracle and bring even more value to our customers as part of Oracle's cloud computing platform."
More information about this announcement is available at www.oracle.com/dyn.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Republic Services Scores High on Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index
- Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) Announces Topline Sotagliflozin Phase 2 Data; A1C Primary Endpoint Missed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!