NeuroMetrix (NURO) Updates on Quell Availability Through VHA; Says Registration Process Complete
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) reported on multiple efforts to increase the availability of Quell Wearable Pain Relief Technology to veterans who suffer from chronic pain through the Veterans Health Administration.
The Company has successfully completed its registration process in the U.S. federal government's System for Award Management (SAM), a requirement for selling products to any federal government entity including the Veterans Health Administration.
NeuroMetrix is also partnering with Marathon Medical Corporation, a Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and medical supply distribution company, to provide Quell to veterans through the Veterans Health Administration.
“While our core strategy is to offer Quell directly to consumers, we are also committed to identifying distribution channels that expand the number of people who have access to the technology,” said Shai Gozani, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO of Neurometrix. “Since participating in a VA Health Summit in May 2016, we’ve been aware of the VA’s commitment to identifying alternative approaches to pain management. We are hopeful that relationships with Marathon Medical as well as individual VA facilities will increase opportunities for veterans to try Quell for pain relief.”
“We are always looking to add innovative products to our offering,” said John St. Leger, President and CEO of Marathon Medical Corporation. “We will utilize our expertise in delivering medical supplies into the VA to expand access to Quell for veterans.”
Quell can provide widespread relief from chronic pain for veterans like Gerard DeWind, who is excited to be among the first veterans to access Quell through his local VA hospital. “I have chronic pain including arthritis in my right ankle. I was attracted to Quell for its potential to help me sleep better and give me a better quality of life.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!