NeuroMetrix (NURO) Updates on Quell Availability Through VHA; Says Registration Process Complete
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) reported on multiple efforts to increase the availability of Quell Wearable Pain Relief Technology to veterans who suffer from chronic pain through the Veterans Health Administration.
The Company has successfully completed its registration process in the U.S. federal government's System for Award Management (SAM), a requirement for selling products to any federal government entity including the Veterans Health Administration.
NeuroMetrix is also partnering with Marathon Medical Corporation, a Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and medical supply distribution company, to provide Quell to veterans through the Veterans Health Administration.
“While our core strategy is to offer Quell directly to consumers, we are also committed to identifying distribution channels that expand the number of people who have access to the technology,” said Shai Gozani, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO of Neurometrix. “Since participating in a VA Health Summit in May 2016, we’ve been aware of the VA’s commitment to identifying alternative approaches to pain management. We are hopeful that relationships with Marathon Medical as well as individual VA facilities will increase opportunities for veterans to try Quell for pain relief.”
“We are always looking to add innovative products to our offering,” said John St. Leger, President and CEO of Marathon Medical Corporation. “We will utilize our expertise in delivering medical supplies into the VA to expand access to Quell for veterans.”
Quell can provide widespread relief from chronic pain for veterans like Gerard DeWind, who is excited to be among the first veterans to access Quell through his local VA hospital. “I have chronic pain including arthritis in my right ankle. I was attracted to Quell for its potential to help me sleep better and give me a better quality of life.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!