Neonode (NEON) Announces Shift in AirBar End-Assembly; Updates on zForce AIR Module Production
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Neonode Inc. (Nasdaq: NEON) has completed the relocation of its AirBar end-assembly process to Malaysia in anticipation of high demand for AirBar, and will focus fully on making the zForce AIR sensor modules – the heart of the AirBar sensor – in Sweden.
AirBar brings displays to life, adding touch and gesture sensing to both new and existing PCs. AirBar works with Windows® and ChromeOS™ operating systems as a “Plug and Touch” solution anywhere: simply plug AirBar into the USB port and interact with the display immediately.
At the heart of every AirBar sensor lies a zForce AIR sensor module that is manufactured in a highly automated process in Sweden. The zForce AIR modules are now shipped directly to Neonode’s assembly partner Salutica Allied Solutions. At Salutica, each zForce AIR sensor module is assembled together with cosmetic parts into a final AirBar product, then packaged and shipped to Neonode’s global distribution partners.
“After extensively testing and refining the production and assembly processes for AirBar, we have now moved the end-assembly, testing and packaging to our partner Salutica. This will optimize the whole supply chain giving Neonode greater scalability and efficiency,” said Remo Behdasht, SVP AirBar Devices at Neonode Inc. “Furthermore, we are extremely excited that this month we will see AirBar in the online stores of the largest retailers in the United States.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!