Metaldyne Performance Group (MPG) Acquires Brillion Iron Works from Accuride (ACW)
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The acquisition of Brillion, Wis.-based Brillion Iron Works, which specializes in the casting design and production of gray, ductile and austempered ductile iron products, complements MPG's existing casting business and capacity. MPG manufactures gray and ductile iron castings and machines iron, aluminum and steel components for the transportation and industrial markets.
"MPG has completed 10 acquisitions over the past decade and we have successfully integrated all of them," said George Thanopoulos, Chief Executive Officer of MPG. "Our customers are very supportive of this bolt-on transaction given our successful history of acquisitions and the current depressed state of the Industrial and Heavy Truck markets."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The New York Times Co. (NYT) Announces Acquisition of Two Product-Recommendation Service Companies
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!