Lumos Networks (LMOS) to Pursue Strategic Alternatives for Regulated LEC Assets
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lumos Networks Corp. (“Lumos Networks”) (NASDAQ: LMOS), a leading fiber-based service provider in the mid-Atlantic region today announced that UBS Investment Bank is assisting it in exploring strategic alternatives for the Company’s regulated Local Exchange Carrier (“LEC”) assets.
“During the third quarter, we completed our network separation analysis for our regulated LEC assets,” said Timothy G. Biltz, CEO of Lumos Networks. “Not only did we determine that these LEC network assets can be separated, but we initiated physical separation of these assets during the quarter. We believe that a key component of maximizing shareholder value will be creating optionality with respects our regulated LEC assets as it furthers our publicly stated goal of becoming a pure play fiber bandwidth infrastructure company.”
There can be no assurance that the Company’s review of strategic alternatives for the regulated assets will result in any transaction. The Company does not intend to make further public comments regarding these matters during the strategic review process.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of DPS Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!