Lifetime Brands (LCUT) Acquires Focus Products Group's Kitchen Division
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Lifetime Brands, Inc. (Nasdaq: LCUT) announced it has completed the acquisition of the Kitchen Division of Focus Products Group. The division sells a wide variety of kitchenware and bakeware products under the Amco Houseworks®, Chicago™ Metallic and Swing-A-Way® brands.
Lifetime’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Siegel commented, “We are excited to expand our portfolio of brands with three distinguished names that complement our market-leading kitchenware and bakeware businesses. This acquisition meets our criteria of well-known and longstanding brands; premium positioning in the marketplace; established relationships with blue-chip customers; and significant opportunities for growth.
“Chicago™ Metallic has been a leader in upper-end bakeware for more than 100 years, building an exceptional reputation as ‘The Baking Experts’ through innovative, high-quality products. Amco Houseworks®, whose signature stainless steel tools and gadgets are sold through gourmet and specialty stores nationwide and online, has been an award-winning brand since the 1970s. Swing-A-Way® has been a leading brand of can openers for over 50 years with over 200 million units sold since the company’s founding in 1954.”
Mr. Siegel concluded, “These three brands fit perfectly into our platform and we have the resources to quickly enhance their performance. Since they are in categories where Lifetime is already established, we expect the acquisition to provide immediate gross margin dollars without an accompanying increase in SG&A.”
The acquisition is expected to be accretive to the Company’s diluted earnings per share in 2016. Terms of the acquisition were not announced.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Overweight
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- Western Digital (WDC) Likely To Produce Q4 Results At High End Of Preannouncement Range - Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!