Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Approval of ANDA for Generic Skelaxin Tabs
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced that it received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Metaxalone Tablets USP, 800 mg, the therapeutic equivalent to the reference listed drug, Skelaxin® of King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. According to IMS, total U.S. sales for the 12 months ended September 2016 of Metaxalone Tablets USP, 800 mg, at Average Wholesale Price (AWP) were approximately $173 million.
"Metaxalone Tablets, indicated as an adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures for the relief of discomforts associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions, is the tenth product approval we have received in calendar 2016," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "With only three current competitors, this approval represents a meaningful market opportunity. We anticipate launching our Metaxalone product within this quarter."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Immunogen (IMGN) Announces Preclinical Data on IMGN63 at ASH Meeting
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN) Offers LT Follow-up Data on ADCETRIS in T-Cell Lymphomas; Median CR Duration Not Reached
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC) Announces Positive Update on GMI-1271 Phase 1/2 in AML; All Response Patients Seen with CR Rates
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!