Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Approval of ANDA for Generic Skelaxin Tabs
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced that it received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Metaxalone Tablets USP, 800 mg, the therapeutic equivalent to the reference listed drug, Skelaxin® of King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. According to IMS, total U.S. sales for the 12 months ended September 2016 of Metaxalone Tablets USP, 800 mg, at Average Wholesale Price (AWP) were approximately $173 million.
"Metaxalone Tablets, indicated as an adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures for the relief of discomforts associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions, is the tenth product approval we have received in calendar 2016," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "With only three current competitors, this approval represents a meaningful market opportunity. We anticipate launching our Metaxalone product within this quarter."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Extension on Methylphenidate Hydrochloride ER Tabs Document Submission
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!