Lam Research (LRCX), KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Update on Merger; Sees Extension to Obtain Regulatory Clearances
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Lam Research Corporation and KLA-Tencor Corporation provided an update on their planned business combination. As previously disclosed, the parties continue to discuss their proposed merger, including potential remedies, with the staff of the Department of Justice (the "DOJ"), and with competition authorities in Korea, Japan and China. The companies continue to believe the transaction is pro-competitive and beneficial to their respective customers, employees and suppliers.
Lam and KLA-Tencor are working diligently to receive the necessary regulatory approvals. However, it has become more likely that obtaining regulatory clearances in one or more of the remaining jurisdictions may extend beyond October 20, 2016, the outside date set forth in the merger agreement.
The companies will announce when clearances are obtained, but they do not plan to comment on specific discussions with regulatory agencies, or comment at this time on action Lam or KLA-Tencor will take if the outside date is reached without obtaining all necessary approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Berry Plastics Completes Acquisition of AEP Industries Inc.
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!