Lam Research (LRCX), KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Update on Merger; Sees Extension to Obtain Regulatory Clearances
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lam Research Corporation and KLA-Tencor Corporation provided an update on their planned business combination. As previously disclosed, the parties continue to discuss their proposed merger, including potential remedies, with the staff of the Department of Justice (the "DOJ"), and with competition authorities in Korea, Japan and China. The companies continue to believe the transaction is pro-competitive and beneficial to their respective customers, employees and suppliers.
Lam and KLA-Tencor are working diligently to receive the necessary regulatory approvals. However, it has become more likely that obtaining regulatory clearances in one or more of the remaining jurisdictions may extend beyond October 20, 2016, the outside date set forth in the merger agreement.
The companies will announce when clearances are obtained, but they do not plan to comment on specific discussions with regulatory agencies, or comment at this time on action Lam or KLA-Tencor will take if the outside date is reached without obtaining all necessary approvals.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Makes Minority Equity Investment in JetSuite
- Buckeye Partners (BPL) Enters Agreement to Acquire 50% Stake in VTTI B.V. for $1.15B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!