Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Announces Completion of SGI Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) announced that it has completed its acquisition of SGI, a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management, for $7.75 per share in cash.
SGI's highly complementary portfolio, including its in-memory high-performance data analytics technology and leading high-performance computing solutions will extend and strengthen HPE's current leadership position in the growing mission critical and high-performance computing segments of the server market. The combined HPE and SGI portfolio, including a comprehensive services capability, will support private and public sector customers seeking larger high-performance computing installations, including U.S. federal agencies as well as enterprises looking to leverage high-performance computing for business insights and a competitive edge.
"This deal combines SGI's computing strengths with HPE's global reach," said Antonio Neri, executive vice president and general manager, Enterprise Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. "SGI's technologies and services will further our position in high-performance computing and give our customers the best of data management capabilities for real time analytics."
High-performance computing is already an $11 billion segment, and it is expected to grow at an estimated 6-8% CAGR over the next five years.(1) The combined HPE and SGI portfolio will accelerate the development of new solutions in fields such as weather mapping, genomics research, life sciences, and cybersecurity for both public and private organizations.
SGI has approximately 1,100 employees worldwide, and had $533 million in revenue for fiscal 2016. The deal is expected to be neutral to earnings in the first full year, and then accretive afterwards.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!