Gazit-Globe (GZT) CEO Lavine to Resign; Successor Named
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Gazit-Globe (NYSE: GZT) announced that Rachel Lavine, is stepping down on January 31, 2017. Ms. Lavine agreed to continue to serve as Vice Chairman of Atrium and on Citycon board.
Dori Segal, Executive Vice Chairman of Gazit-Globe, named CEO. Mr. Segal has served as CEO of Gazit-Globe between 1998 and 2008, and as President and CEO of First Capital Realty from 2000 to 2015. Currently, Segal serves as the Chairman of the Board of First Capital Realty, as well as several other senior leadership positions in Gazit-Globe’s subsidiaries. Mr. Segal will assume CEO position on February 1, 2017.
Rachel Lavine joined the Group nine years ago and served six years as Atrium’s CEO. Over the years, Ms. Lavine has lead the turnaround in Atrium increasing its assets value from EURO 1.6 billion to EURO 2.5 billion; the operating profit margin increased from approximately 70% to 95% while its dividend has increased from 3 cents a share to 27 cents a share.
Upon returning to Israel, Lavine was appointed as Chairman of Gazit Israel and as a director of Gazit Globe. Later, she was appointed as CEO of Gazit Globe and together with the Board of Directors helped develop the Company's new growth strategy which in turn would increase its direct ownership of real estate.
Rachel Lavine, CEO of Gazit-Globe: “Gazit-Globe is an amazing real estate group that has many opportunities and challenges ahead. It is blessed with very professional and hands on two large shareholders and excellent management. I believe that the new strategy of Gazit Globe, among other things, increasing private real estate, will prove itself in the coming years. I am delighted to have the opportunity to continue and contribute from my experience as Vice Chairman in Atrium and as a Director in Citycon.”
Chaim Katzman, Chairman of Gazit-Globe: “Lavine is one of the most talented executives I have ever met. I welcome her willingness to continue to serve as Vice Chairman in Atrium and as Director in Citycon. I am sure that we will continue to benefit from her knowledge and experience.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!