FedEx (FDX) Increases Shipping Rates
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will increase shipping rates effective January 2, 2017.
FedEx Express will increase shipping rates by an average of 3.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%. FedEx SmartPost rates will also change.
Effective January 2, 2017, the FedEx Express and FedEx Ground U.S. domestic dimensional weight divisor will change from 166 to 139.
Effective February 6, 2017, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground fuel surcharges will be adjusted on a weekly basis. Currently, adjustments are made on a monthly basis with a two month lag between the U.S. Government published fuel indexes and the fuel surcharges. Adjusting on a weekly basis will reduce lag time from two months to two weeks, thus providing a closer alignment between fuel costs and fuel surcharges at the time of shipment.
The FedEx SameDay City pricing changes for calendar 2017 will be announced later this year.
FedEx Freight will increase shipping rates by an average of 4.9%. This rate change applies to eligible FedEx Freight shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), between the contiguous U.S. and Canada, within Canada, between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico, and within Mexico.
Effective January 2, 2017, the FedEx Freight Extreme Length surcharge will change from $85 to $150 and will be applied to shipments with dimensions of 12 feet or greater versus the prior 15 feet.
Details of all changes to rates and surcharges are available at: http://fedex.com/rates2017
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rex Energy (REXX) Announces Q4 Production, Operational Update
- Mercury Systems (MRCY) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Raises Outlook
- Banc of California (BANC) Trades Lower After Announce SEC Probe, CEO Resignation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!