Endo Int'l (ENDP) Withdraws OPANA ER ANDA Following Discussion with FDA
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Endo International plc (Nasdaq: ENDP) announced that based on an August 11, 2016 discussion with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Company has decided to withdraw its supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) relating to specific abuse deterrent labeling for OPANA ER without prejudice to re-filing. The Company plans to continue collecting and analyzing epidemiological data relating to OPANA® ER. Endo's financial projections for 2016 did not assume approval of the sNDA.
"We anticipate the generation of additional data and we will seek collaboration with FDA to appropriately advance OPANA® ER," said Sue Hall, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer and Global Head of Research & Development and Quality at Endo. "We believe in the ability of OPANA® ER to continue making a difference in the lives of appropriate patients and remain committed to safely and effectively addressing the needs of the pain patient community."
OPANA® ER is an opioid agonist indicated for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate. The sNDA for OPANA® ER, which is formulated using INTAC® Technology, included studies designed to evaluate the abuse deterrence of the formulation. INTAC® Technology increases tablet hardness using a high molecular weight polymer (polyethylene oxide).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
- Cardiome Pharma (CRME) Announces Early Launch of XYDALBA in the U.K.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!