Endo Int'l (ENDP) Withdraws OPANA ER ANDA Following Discussion with FDA
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Endo International plc (Nasdaq: ENDP) announced that based on an August 11, 2016 discussion with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Company has decided to withdraw its supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) relating to specific abuse deterrent labeling for OPANA ER without prejudice to re-filing. The Company plans to continue collecting and analyzing epidemiological data relating to OPANA® ER. Endo's financial projections for 2016 did not assume approval of the sNDA.
"We anticipate the generation of additional data and we will seek collaboration with FDA to appropriately advance OPANA® ER," said Sue Hall, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer and Global Head of Research & Development and Quality at Endo. "We believe in the ability of OPANA® ER to continue making a difference in the lives of appropriate patients and remain committed to safely and effectively addressing the needs of the pain patient community."
OPANA® ER is an opioid agonist indicated for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate. The sNDA for OPANA® ER, which is formulated using INTAC® Technology, included studies designed to evaluate the abuse deterrence of the formulation. INTAC® Technology increases tablet hardness using a high molecular weight polymer (polyethylene oxide).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) CFO Upadhyay Resigns
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Stone Energy (SGY) Plans to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!