Costco Wholesale (COST) adj.-Comps Rose 2% in Oct. 2016
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Costco Wholesale Corporation (Nasdaq: COST) reported net sales of $9.11 billion for the month of October, the four weeks ended October 30, 2016, an increase of four percent from $8.78 billion during the similar period last year.
For the nine weeks ended October 30, 2016, the Company reported net sales of $20.17 billion, an increase of three percent from $19.53 billion during the similar period last year.
Comparable sales for the four-week and nine-week periods were as follows:
4 Weeks 9 Weeks
U.S. 2% 0%
Canada 4% 5%
Other International 0% 0%
Total Company 2% 1%
Comparable sales for these periods excluding the impacts from changes in gasoline prices and foreign exchange were as follows:
4 Weeks 9 Weeks
U.S. 2% 1%
Canada 5% 5%
Other International 3% 2%
Total Company 2% 2%
Additional discussion of these results is available in a pre-recorded telephone message. The recording can be accessed by dialing 1-855-859-2056 (conference ID 57706967). This message will be available today through 5:00 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, November 9, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Costco Wholesale (COST) adj.-Comps Rose 2% in November
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Retail Sales
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!