Cisco Systems (CSCO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Will Cut Up to 5,500 Jobs
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) reported Q4 EPS of $0.63, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.6 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.57 billion.
Today's market requires Cisco and our customers to be decisive, move with greater speed and drive more innovation than we've seen in our history. Today, we announced a restructuring enabling us to optimize our cost base in lower growth areas of our portfolio and further invest in key priority areas such as security, IoT, collaboration, next generation data center and cloud. We expect to reinvest substantially all of the cost savings from these actions back into these businesses and will continue to aggressively invest to focus on our areas of future growth. The restructuring will eliminate up to 5,500 positions, representing approximately 7 percent of our global workforce, and we will take action under this plan beginning in the first quarter of fiscal 2017.
Cisco Systems sees Q1 2017 EPS of $0.58-$0.60, versus the consensus of $0.60.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Cisco Systems (CSCO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Bofl Holding (BOFI) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS
- Applied Micro Circuits (AMCC) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!