Cisco Systems (CSCO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Will Cut Up to 5,500 Jobs
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) reported Q4 EPS of $0.63, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.6 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.57 billion.
Today's market requires Cisco and our customers to be decisive, move with greater speed and drive more innovation than we've seen in our history. Today, we announced a restructuring enabling us to optimize our cost base in lower growth areas of our portfolio and further invest in key priority areas such as security, IoT, collaboration, next generation data center and cloud. We expect to reinvest substantially all of the cost savings from these actions back into these businesses and will continue to aggressively invest to focus on our areas of future growth. The restructuring will eliminate up to 5,500 positions, representing approximately 7 percent of our global workforce, and we will take action under this plan beginning in the first quarter of fiscal 2017.
Cisco Systems sees Q1 2017 EPS of $0.58-$0.60, versus the consensus of $0.60.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Cisco Systems (CSCO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- ManpowerGroup (MAN) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c; Guides Q4 Above the Street
- Bank of Commerce Holdings (BOCH) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.18
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!