ChromaDex (CDXC) Receives FDA GRAS No Objection Letter for NIAGEN
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ChromaDex Corp. (Nasdaq: CDXC) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) No Objection Letter, in response to the NIAGEN® nicotinamide riboside chloride (NR) GRAS filing, Notice No. GRN 000635.
Receipt of this No Objection Letter confirms that the FDA has no additional questions regarding this status. The GRAS status compliments the New Dietary Ingredient status already received for NIAGEN®.
NIAGEN® is already available in various supplements online and on select store shelves, but GRAS status defines it as a safe ingredient to use in food and beverage applications such as powdered beverages, protein shakes, nutrition bars, gum and chews. ChromaDex CEO and cofounder, Frank Jaksch Jr., commented, “We have been actively working with a number of manufacturers on early stage development projects to drive the commercialization of NIAGEN® into food and beverage products. The scientific research continues to validate the fact that NR is the most effective and efficient vitamin B3 at boosting NAD+, which increases cellular energy production and supports cellular health. This comes at a time when consumers are more interested than ever in finding products that will help them live longer and healthier throughout their lifetime.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roche (RHHBY) Announces Receipt of FDA Approval for cobas MPX Test
- News Corp's (NWS) Dow Jones unit plans job cuts, to review operations
- Dermira (DERM) Presents Data from DRM01 Phase 2b Trial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!