ChromaDex (CDXC) Receives FDA GRAS No Objection Letter for NIAGEN
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ChromaDex Corp. (Nasdaq: CDXC) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) No Objection Letter, in response to the NIAGEN® nicotinamide riboside chloride (NR) GRAS filing, Notice No. GRN 000635.
Receipt of this No Objection Letter confirms that the FDA has no additional questions regarding this status. The GRAS status compliments the New Dietary Ingredient status already received for NIAGEN®.
NIAGEN® is already available in various supplements online and on select store shelves, but GRAS status defines it as a safe ingredient to use in food and beverage applications such as powdered beverages, protein shakes, nutrition bars, gum and chews. ChromaDex CEO and cofounder, Frank Jaksch Jr., commented, “We have been actively working with a number of manufacturers on early stage development projects to drive the commercialization of NIAGEN® into food and beverage products. The scientific research continues to validate the fact that NR is the most effective and efficient vitamin B3 at boosting NAD+, which increases cellular energy production and supports cellular health. This comes at a time when consumers are more interested than ever in finding products that will help them live longer and healthier throughout their lifetime.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ChemoCentryx (CCXI) Announces Presentation of Data from Ongoing Phase Ib Trial of CCR2 Inhibitor CCX872 at ASCO
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Offers Update on Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 for Advanced Parkinson's Disease
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!