Cheniere Energy (LNG) Offer to Acquire Cheniere Energy Partners (CQH) for $21.90/Share
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cheniere Energy Partners LP Holdings, LLC (NYS: CQH) announced today that its board of directors has received a proposal from Cheniere Energy, Inc. (NYSE: LNG) pursuant to which Cheniere would acquire the publicly held shares of Cheniere Partners Holdings not already owned by Cheniere in a stock for stock exchange. Subject to negotiation and execution of a definitive agreement, Cheniere is proposing consideration of 0.5049 Cheniere shares for each issued and outstanding publicly-held share of Cheniere Partners Holdings as part of a transaction that would be structured as a merger of Cheniere Partners Holdings with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cheniere. The proposed consideration represents a value of $21.90 per common share of Cheniere Partners Holdings, or a premium of approximately 3.0% over the closing price of Cheniere Partners Holdings' shares, based on the closing prices of Cheniere Partners Holdings' shares and of Cheniere's shares as of September 29, 2016, or a premium of approximately 7.0% over the 30-trading day average CQH / LNG exchange ratio as of September 29, 2016.
Cheniere owns 80.1% of the issued and outstanding shares of Cheniere Partners Holdings.
The proposed transaction is subject to the negotiation and execution of a definitive agreement and approval of such definitive agreement and transactions contemplated thereunder by the board of directors of Cheniere, the board of directors of Cheniere Partners Holdings and a conflicts committee established by the board of directors of Cheniere Partners Holdings, and the consummation of the proposed transaction would be subject to customary closing conditions. There can be no assurance that any such approvals will be forthcoming, that a definitive agreement will be executed or that any transaction will be consummated.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- Estée Lauder (EL) Enters Agreement to Acquire BECCA Cosmetics
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!