CEB's (CEB) Chairman and CEO Tom Monahan to Step Down
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The Board of Directors of CEB (NYSE: CEB), a best practice insight and technology company, announced today that Tom Monahan has notified the Board of his intention to step down as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company. The Board has retained Heidrick & Struggles to help identify the successor, and Mr. Monahan will maintain his current responsibilities until a new CEO is announced. Daniel Leemon, lead independent director, is managing the search process on behalf of the Board.
Mr. Monahan, who joined CEB's senior leadership team in 1996, has served as CEO since 2005. He joined the Board of Directors in 2001 and became Chairman in 2008. Across his tenure as an executive and CEO of the company, CEB has reinvented how the world's leading companies make decisions and now supports more than 10,000 companies globally.
"As I reflect on nearly 21 years with the Company, I'm immensely proud of CEB's growth and the outsized impact we've delivered since I joined," said Mr. Monahan. "I'm grateful for the Board's support in all that we've accomplished and I firmly believe it's the right time for me to think about the next chapter in my career. We've built an incredible team and a strong, global business. I'm looking forward to partnering closely with my Board colleagues during this transition, and to working with our teams to ensure we not only meet our strategic and financial commitments for 2016, but set ourselves up for a strong 2017 and beyond."
Daniel Leemon, lead independent director of CEB's Board, added: "Tom has been an inspirational and innovative leader, and he and his team have consistently delivered industry-leading growth in revenue and profit. As a Board, we've enjoyed a terrific working relationship with Tom. We'll miss him, and we're pleased he will work with us on a smooth transition. We have a great leadership team in place, and a robust succession planning process which now moves to the next phase. We wish Tom the very best in whatever challenge he decides to tackle next."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!