Boeing (BA), UPS (UPS) Enter Purchase Agreement for 14 747-8 Freighters
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
"These aircraft are a strategic investment for increased capacity for UPS customers around the globe," said Brendan Canavan, president, UPS Airlines. "The 747-8 will allow UPS to upsize our network in both new and existing markets."
The 747-8 Freighter is the world's most efficient freighter, providing cargo operators the lowest operating costs and best economics of any large freighter on the market. With its iconic nose door, the airplane has 16 percent more revenue cargo volume than the 747-400F. The airplane also reduces the noise footprint around an airport by 30 percent compared to its predecessor.
"UPS could not have selected a better aircraft to meet its growing business needs," said Brad McMullen, vice president, Sales, North America and Leasing, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We've continued to make the 747-8 Freighter even better, and we look forward to seeing UPS introduce it to its fleet."
With 109 747-8 passenger and freighter airplanes delivered to customers around the globe, the fleet is performing with the highest dispatch reliability and utilization of any four-engine airplane in service.
UPS is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Express (AXP) Elects John Brennan to Board of Directors
- Triumph Group (TGI) Awarded $52M Contract from Rolls Royce for Trent XWB Engine Components
- Universal Insurance (UVE) Appoints Kimberly Cooper to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!