Avinger (AVGR) and HealthTrust Sign Agreement on Lumivascular Technology
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGR), a developer of innovative treatments for peripheral artery disease (PAD), today announced it has signed an agreement with HealthTrust. The agreement establishes terms under which members of the HealthTrust group purchasing organization may acquire Avinger’s portfolio of technologies designed to treat PAD, including Avinger’s PantherisTM Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) image-guided atherectomy system, which recently received 510(k) clearance from the United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The agreement becomes effective September 15, 2016.
Pantheris is a minimally invasive treatment for peripheral artery disease in which a catheter-based device is used to remove plaque from a blood vessel. Lumivascular technology utilized in the Pantheris system allows physicians to see from within the artery, enabling them to precisely remove plaque, leaving the healthy arterial structures intact. In addition, Pantheris visualizes the artery without requiring ionizing radiation, or toxic contrast medium (dye) injections, offering the potential to reduce physician, staff and patient X-ray exposure, as well as minimize patient complications related to contrast exposure.
“Better treatment options are needed for patients suffering from peripheral artery disease, who endure painful symptoms and, if left untreated, are at increased risk of heart attack and stroke,” said Jeff Soinski, president and CEO of Avinger. “We are excited that our technologies will now be available to more providers through this agreement with HealthTrust.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- AIG (AIG) Enters Reinsurance Agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Unit
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!