Avinger (AVGR) and HealthTrust Sign Agreement on Lumivascular Technology
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Avinger, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVGR), a developer of innovative treatments for peripheral artery disease (PAD), today announced it has signed an agreement with HealthTrust. The agreement establishes terms under which members of the HealthTrust group purchasing organization may acquire Avinger’s portfolio of technologies designed to treat PAD, including Avinger’s PantherisTM Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) image-guided atherectomy system, which recently received 510(k) clearance from the United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The agreement becomes effective September 15, 2016.
Pantheris is a minimally invasive treatment for peripheral artery disease in which a catheter-based device is used to remove plaque from a blood vessel. Lumivascular technology utilized in the Pantheris system allows physicians to see from within the artery, enabling them to precisely remove plaque, leaving the healthy arterial structures intact. In addition, Pantheris visualizes the artery without requiring ionizing radiation, or toxic contrast medium (dye) injections, offering the potential to reduce physician, staff and patient X-ray exposure, as well as minimize patient complications related to contrast exposure.
“Better treatment options are needed for patients suffering from peripheral artery disease, who endure painful symptoms and, if left untreated, are at increased risk of heart attack and stroke,” said Jeff Soinski, president and CEO of Avinger. “We are excited that our technologies will now be available to more providers through this agreement with HealthTrust.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!