Aratana Therapeutics (PETX) Says NOCITA is Now 'Launched'
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PETX) announced the Company has made NOCITA (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) commercially available to veterinarians in the United States. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) approved Nocita as a local post-operative analgesia for cranial cruciate ligament surgery in dogs on August 12, 2016.
"We are eager to get Nocita into the hands of veterinary surgeons and anticipate the first orders shipping in October," explains Brent Standridge, Chief Operating Officer of Aratana Therapeutics. "We believe Nocita is an innovative tool since it controls canine cranial cruciate ligament surgery post-operative pain for up to 72 hours with one dose."
Nocita is a long-acting, local anesthetic that lasts up to 72 hours post-surgery by releasing bupivacaine over time from multi-vesicular liposomes deposited in the tissue. The therapeutic is administered as a single dose by tissue infiltration during closure of cranial cruciate ligament surgery in dogs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Beijing to Slash Amount Withdrawn from ATMs in Macau to Reduce Currency Flight -SCMP (MGM) (LVS) (WYNN) (MPEL)
- Renasant Corp. (RNST) Reports Termination of FDIC Loss Share Agreements
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!