Aratana Therapeutics (PETX) Announces FDA Approval of NOCITA
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETX), a pet therapeutics company focused on the licensing, development and commercialization of innovative biopharmaceutical products for companion animals, today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) approved NOCITA® (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) as a local post-operative analgesia for cranial cruciate ligament surgery in dogs. Aratana anticipates Nocita will be commercially available to veterinarians in the fall of 2016.
Nocita is a long-acting, local anesthetic that lasts up to 72 hours post-surgery by releasing bupivacaine over time from multi-vesicular liposomes deposited in the tissue. The therapeutic is administered as a single dose by tissue infiltration during closure of cranial cruciate ligament surgery in dogs.
"We believe Nocita will help transform the way veterinarians control post-operative pain for dogs undergoing cranial cruciate ligament surgery," states Steven St. Peter, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Aratana Therapeutics. "As our third FDA-approved therapeutic this year, we are pivoting our attention to successfully bringing these therapeutics to market over the coming months."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!