Allegheny Technologies (ATI) Announces Suspension of Qtr. Dividend
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (NYSE: ATI) announced that its Board of Directors has decided to suspend its quarterly dividend effective immediately.
“We expect ATI’s financial performance to improve significantly in 2017 as a result of strong profitable growth in our High Performance Materials & Components segment, a return to modest profitability in our Flat Rolled Products segment, and the aggressive cost reduction actions we have taken since late last year,” said Rich Harshman, Chairman, President and CEO.
“As earnings improve in 2017 and beyond, the resulting annual free cash flow, after necessary capital expenditures, will be used primarily to reduce debt, improve the funded position of the Company’s defined benefit pension plan, and improve liquidity. We are focused on creating long-term shareholder value by returning ATI to sustainable profitability, strengthening our balance sheet, and restoring and maintaining financial flexibility and strong liquidity.
“In support of these objectives, ATI’s Board of Directors has decided to suspend the quarterly dividend beginning in the fourth quarter 2016. Suspending the quarterly dividend, which saves nearly $35 million annually, provides additional liquidity and financial flexibility as we enter 2017 and the latter stage of ATI’s transformation.
“As previously reported, in 2017 we plan to make a $135 million contribution to our U.S. defined benefit pension plan and repay our $100 million term loan due in 2017. In addition, we expect capital expenditures to be approximately $120 million in 2017, and to be approximately $100 million annually for several years beyond 2017.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Eastgroup Properties (EGP) Declares $0.62 Quarterly Dividend; 3.6% Yield
- Royce Micro-cap Trust, Inc. (RMT) Declares $0.16 Quarterly Dividend; 8% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Dividends, Hot Corp. News, Hot Dividends, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!