Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) Announces Publication of CVT-301 Data in PD OFF Periods
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Results from Phase 1, Phase 2a and preclinical studies of CVT-301, an inhaled form of levodopa, have been featured in the current edition of Science Translational Medicine. Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACOR) is developing CVT-301 for the treatment of OFF periods in people with Parkinson’s disease (PD).
As PD progresses, people with Parkinson’s experience OFF periods, which are characterized by the re-emergence of PD symptoms. These include motor symptoms such as impaired movement, muscle stiffness, and tremor, as well as non-motor symptoms. This re-emergence can occur even when an individual’s treatment regimen has been optimized. OFF periods typically increase in frequency during the course of the disease.
“OFF periods can be hugely disruptive to the lives of people with Parkinson’s and their families, and are considered one of the greatest unmet medical needs in the treatment of Parkinson's,” said Ron Cohen, M.D., President and CEO of Acorda Therapeutics. “CVT-301 is an inhaled powder form of levodopa that is being studied in combination with standard of care Parkinson’s disease regimens. Following two successful Phase 2 clinical trials1 ,2, our Phase 3 program is assessing the extent to which CVT-301, used when people with Parkinson’s begin to experience OFF periods, can restore motor function. If approved, CVT-301 may provide a valuable new treatment option for these individuals.”
Acorda’s Phase 3 clinical program comprises a Phase 3 safety and efficacy study as well as general and special population safety studies. The program is designed to confirm the efficacy and safety profile of CVT-301 and support global regulatory marketing authorization applications. The Company expects to announce results from its randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 3 trial in Q1 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- Mercedes-Benz to launch pickup truck in 2017
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Solana Strep Complete Assay
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!