Health Care Stocks In Focus Ahead of Ruling
- Target Corp. (TGT) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c; Cuts FY14 EPS Outlook
- Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Cuts FY14 Comps Outlook
- Staples (SPLS) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Sees Q3 Sales Lower Y/Y
- Hertz (HTZ) Sees FY14 Results Well Below Prior Guidance; Announces Director Retirement
- Taser (TASR), Digital Ally (DGLY) Remain on Watch on Growing 'On-Officer Video' Theme
The U.S. Supreme Court will announce their ruling on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act today beginning at 10 a.m. This is poses huge event risk for stocks in the health sector. For example, if the law is struck down, hospital companies such as HCA Holdings Inc (NYSE: HCA) or Tenet Healthcare Corp (NYSE: THC) would suffer. Companies like Centene Corp (NYSE: CNC) or Molina Healthcare Inc (NYSE: MOH) might also trade lower. Larger insurers like Aetna Inc (NYSE: AET) or WellPoint Inc (NYE: WLP) could also sees volatility today.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Approached Salix Pharma (SLXP) - DJ
- UPDATE: FireEye (FEYE) Active, Shares Decline Following Large Block Trade
- Apple (AAPL) Pennies Away from $100
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesTrader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!