Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 11/1: (CCI)/(NEE) (OXY) (GCI)/(TRNC) (HRS)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
“The addition of FiberNet’s complementary footprint in top metro markets in South Florida and Texas bolsters our fiber available for small cells in markets where we see significant demand from our wireless carrier customers,” said Jay Brown, Crown Castle’s Chief Executive Officer. “As demand for wireless connectivity continues to grow, small cells are playing an increasingly important role in adding the network capacity and density needed to provide ubiquitous high-speed, high-capacity wireless services. With a long runway of expected growth ahead for small cells, we believe our investment in FiberNet further strengthens our leading position in small cells and will enhance our long-term dividend growth.”
Crown Castle expects the acquisition to close in the first half of 2017 and to be immediately accretive to Adjusted Funds from Operations (“AFFO”) per share upon closing. In the first year of Crown Castle’s ownership, the transaction is expected to contribute approximately $105 to $110 million to gross margin and approximately $15 to $20 million of general and administrative expenses. Additionally, the transaction includes approximately $5 million in annual cash flows associated with a customer lease that will be accounted for as a financing lease and therefore not contribute to the expected gross margin. Supplemental materials related to the transaction have been posted on the Crown Castle website at http://investor.crowncastle.com.
*** Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) announced it has acquired producing and non-producing leasehold acreage in the Permian Basin from private sellers. Separately, the company acquired interests in several Permian Basin enhanced oil recovery (EOR) and CO2 properties, and related infrastructure.
“These transactions further complement and solidify Occidental’s dominant position in the Permian Basin,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Vicki Hollub. “They leverage our existing infrastructure, utilize our strong balance sheet and create additional operational synergies.”
The total purchase price for these transactions is approximately $2 billion, which has been funded from existing cash on hand.
- The leasehold acquisition includes approximately 35,000 net acres in Reeves and Pecos counties, Texas, in the Southern Delaware Basin, in areas where Occidental currently operates or has working interests.
- Approximately 7,000 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) per day of net production (72 percent oil) from 68 horizontal wells.
- A minimum of 700 gross estimated horizontal drilling locations targeting the Wolfcamp A, Wolfcamp B and Bone Spring, with meaningful upside potential through infill drilling and additional intervals.
- Proximity to other key Occidental development areas, such as Barilla Draw, allows for cost and infrastructure efficiencies and contiguous position enables longer lateral well development.
- Enables efficient development by gaining operatorship and provides capital flexibility as a high percentage of the acreage is held by production.
- Including this transaction, Occidental’s overall position in the leasehold area encompasses nearly 59,000 acres with an aggregate acquisition cost, inclusive of value given to current production and infrastructure, of approximately $2 billion.
- Acquired working interests in producing oil and gas CO2 floods and related EOR infrastructure, increasing Occidental’s ownership in several properties where it is currently the operator or an existing working interest partner.
- These properties have current production of approximately 4,000 BOE per day (80 percent oil), with estimated net proved developed producing reserves of approximately 25 million BOE and total proved reserves of approximately 41 million BOE.
*** Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) confirmed that the Company has been engaged in discussions with tronc, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRNC) regarding a potential transaction and has determined not to pursue an acquisition of tronc.
*** Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) and SpeedCast International Limited (ASX: SDA) today announced a definitive agreement under which SpeedCast will acquire Harris’ CapRock Communications commercial business for $425 million in cash. Proceeds from the transaction will be used to pay down debt and return cash to shareholders. The transaction is subject to regulatory review and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the first calendar quarter of 2017.
“One of Harris’ key priorities over the past several years has been to reshape our portfolio and focus on businesses where technology is a differentiator,” said William M. Brown, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “The sale of CapRock, which has been underway since early this calendar year, demonstrates our execution against this objective and will create value for shareholders. We will continue to optimize our portfolio to become a more focused company positioned for long-term growth.”
To keep up on all the Mergers & Acquisitions data in real-time, go to our M&A Insider page.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Research & Consulting Industry Veteran Joins Phronesis Partners Inc.
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesNotable Mergers and Acquisitions, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!