salesforce.com (CRM) Says 'No Comment' on Twitter (TWTR) Rumors
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
"We don't comment on rumors," Chi Hea Cho, VP Corporate Communications at salesforce, told StreetInsider in an e-mail after CNBC's David Faber reported this morning that the company and Google are eyeing a potential Twitter takeover.
The comments comes despite an exec at salesforce stoking the takeover flames after tweeting positive about the company after the rumors broke. salesforce Chief Digital Evangelist Vala noted the following positives about Twitter:
- personal learning network
- the best realtime, context rich news
- democratize intelligence
- great place to promote others
Why @twitter?— Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) September 23, 2016
1 personal learning network
2 the best realtime, context rich news
3 democratize intelligence
4 great place to promote others
Shares of the CRM are down 3.6% as investors are having a hard time understanding how a deal with Twitter would fit.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Perrigo (PRGO) Sees Intra-Day Gains on Report It Hired a Banker
- Qualcomm (QCOM) and NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) agreed on $110/sh deal - CBNC's Faber
- Coach (COH) won't comment on rumors or speculation - Bloomberg, citing spokesperson
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDavid Faber, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!