Three dead, dozen wounded in shooting at Los Angeles party
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Three people were killed and a dozen wounded in Los Angeles early on Saturday after an argument at a party resulted in gunfire, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
A man and a woman are in custody over the shooting, which occurred shortly after midnight in southwest Los Angeles, a police spokesman, Officer Mike Lopez, said. The two people being held were not identified.
Conditions of the wounded range from critical to stable but serious, Lopez said.
The shooting took place at a party being held at a home that was serving as a makeshift restaurant. A man and woman left the party after an argument, then returned and gunfire erupted, Lopez said.
"From what I understand, they're the ones responsible for the shooting," Lopez said. Three men died at the scene, and both men and women were wounded.
A firearm was recovered at the scene, he said.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iraqi army tries to take main Christian town near Mosul
- China regulator tells banks to boost property loans risk management
- Police cleared in shooting death of Minneapolis black man
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!