Three dead, dozen wounded in shooting at Los Angeles party
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Three people were killed and a dozen wounded in Los Angeles early on Saturday after an argument at a party resulted in gunfire, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
A man and a woman are in custody over the shooting, which occurred shortly after midnight in southwest Los Angeles, a police spokesman, Officer Mike Lopez, said. The two people being held were not identified.
Conditions of the wounded range from critical to stable but serious, Lopez said.
The shooting took place at a party being held at a home that was serving as a makeshift restaurant. A man and woman left the party after an argument, then returned and gunfire erupted, Lopez said.
"From what I understand, they're the ones responsible for the shooting," Lopez said. Three men died at the scene, and both men and women were wounded.
A firearm was recovered at the scene, he said.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria: resident
- Critics ask if Tillerson can turn from corporate to national interest
- South Korea says Park impeachment could worsen sentiment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!