Tech investor Thiel to donate $1.25 million to Trump campaign
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Paypal co-founder Peter Thiel speaks at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S. July 21, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
By Malathi Nayak
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Silicon Valley heavyweight Peter Thiel will give $1.25 million as his first donation in support of Donald Trump's campaign after endorsing the U.S. Republican presidential candidate earlier this year, a spokesman for the investor said on Sunday.
The donation will be made through a combination of political action committee donations and money directly to the campaign, the spokesman said. So far, billionaire Thiel has been the most prominent supporter of Trump from the country's technology hub.
The New York Times first reported news of Thiel's donation.
A co-founder of PayPal and an early investor in Facebook Inc who sits on that company's board of directors, Thiel offered a full endorsement of Trump while speaking at the Republic National Convention in July.
Thiel has not made any donations to the campaign of Trump's opponent in the Nov. 8 election, Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, the spokesman said.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak; Editing by Alan Crosby)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- U.S.' Kerry urges Russia to show "grace" in Geneva Aleppo talks
- Indonesia counter-terrorism forces foil plot to bomb state palace: police
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump, Clarium Capital Management, Peter Thiel
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!