Suicide car bomb rocks Somali capital: police
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - At least one person died and two others were injured in the Somali capital Mogadishu on Sunday when a car exploded near a camp for displaced people, police said.
"We believe it was a suicide car bomb. Its driver detonated the bomb in his car," police officer Ibrahim Elmi told Reuters.
The blast was in Mogadishu's Bondeere district, near a site where hundreds of people displaced by fighting elsewhere in the anarchic country are being temporarily sheltered.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility but the al Shabaab militant group has carried out a series of deadly attacks in Somalia.
(Reporting by Abdi Sheikh; Writing by Aaron Maasho; Editing by Andrew Roche)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- House panel quizzes EPA on VW zero emission vehicle fund
- Brazil's president, beset on all sides, struggling as savior
- Judge slashes SEC's proposed fine for ex-Miami budget director
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!