Spanish police seize 15 tonnes of hashish off boat in Mediterranean
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police seized nearly 15 tonnes of hashish from a boat off the southern coast in the largest drugs haul in the Mediterranean this year, the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday.
Two people on board, from the Netherlands and Bulgaria, were arrested in the operation which began on Saturday night and culminated early on Sunday, the ministry said in a statement.
The seizure formed part of a pan-European initiative, Indalo, which responsible for monitoring illegal immigration flows and criminal activity along the Mediterranean coast from North Africa.
In August, Spanish and Italian police seized over three tonnes of hashish worth $2 million from a boat off the Italian coast and arrested 19 Polish members of an international drug smuggling ring.
(Reporting by Paul Day; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK retail sales fall sharply in December but fourth-quarter still solid
- Thirty people still missing at Italian hotel buried by massive avalanche
- Suspect in $1.6 million New York gold theft captured in Ecuador: police
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!