Spanish police seize 15 tonnes of hashish off boat in Mediterranean
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police seized nearly 15 tonnes of hashish from a boat off the southern coast in the largest drugs haul in the Mediterranean this year, the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday.
Two people on board, from the Netherlands and Bulgaria, were arrested in the operation which began on Saturday night and culminated early on Sunday, the ministry said in a statement.
The seizure formed part of a pan-European initiative, Indalo, which responsible for monitoring illegal immigration flows and criminal activity along the Mediterranean coast from North Africa.
In August, Spanish and Italian police seized over three tonnes of hashish worth $2 million from a boat off the Italian coast and arrested 19 Polish members of an international drug smuggling ring.
(Reporting by Paul Day; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iran's president says U.S. election offers only bad or worse choice
- Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- A waste of money? Trump's border wall falling flat in Arizona: Reuters/Ipsos poll
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!